Thursday, February 17, 2011

Who Cares About The Weather!?

I recently moved from NY, (where I had lived my entire life) all the way out to CA. Everybody I know (except for my coworkers) is still out there, scattered about the coast; and I'm really not a phone guy, although if I get some dental work done, which I do from time to time, I might surprise you with a late night, hour and a half, Vicodin fueled rant about how we need to come together and start a record label/art gallery or a fine art landscaping business, or something along those lines, sometimes in the same conversation. Anyway, so now I keep in contact with friends and family just like more than 600 million people do, through Facebook, or as I've grown fond of referring to it, THE BOOK. That's really all I have to go by in terms of staying connected to what's going on back east and I've been wanting to say this for a while so I just have to let it out. OK...Hey New York! I love you, I really do; but can you please spare the rest of us the absolute agony of having to read every little detail concerning your current weather situation? This is really starting to become a problem. Every time I go on line now it's, "Oh it's so cold over here" one day, "Eww there's too much snow over here, and Bloomberg won't plow" the next. Now, everybody has to hear about how it's "60 degrees outside in February!" and you're all frolicking in a park somewhere, and birds are chirping as the tulips begin to bud all around you!? Please, in 3 months you'll be crying about how it's so hot you can't even blink without sweat pouring down your face! You want Facebook? Go look at yourself in the mirror and read your stupid little status to yourself a few times, OK? Because no one except for you and the person looking back at you cares. At all. Guess what? The rest of the world has weather too. You don't hear us doing our own little Al Roker impression every other day! Cut the chit chat! I don't want small talk I wanna know what's really on your mind? It's not the weather, that's just surface, disposable crap. Let's get to the bottom of things. What is REALLY going through your head? You can trust me.

2 comments:

  1. You know it's only Facebook right? Just another alternative to popularity contests & blatant narcissism. Don't take it so personal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ··················
    Weather 'Thank you'
    snow rain maps
    ··················

    ReplyDelete